What is blood pressure and how is it measured?
What is blood pressure?: Blood pressure is the pressure due to which blood is pumped from the heart around the body. This article deals with systolic and diastolic pressure, how blood pressure is measured, what is the cause of high or low blood pressure, etc.
We all know that blood is red in colour, which is transmitted in our body. It is of red colour because it has a red pigment called haemoglobin. It contains the plasma, red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets. Blood helps in transporting substances like oxygen, carbon dioxide, digested food etc. from one part of the body to another. It protects us from diseases and also regulates blood temperature.
When the heartbeats, it pumps blood around the body to transport energy and oxygen. As the blood spreads throughout the body, it pushes against the sides of the blood vessels. The force of moving blood vessels creates pressure, which is known as blood pressure. Therefore, we can define that blood pressure is the pressure or pressure in which blood is pumped around the body by the heart.
If the blood pressure is high or high, then extra stress is produced on the arteries or heart and heart attack may also occur. Therefore, it is very important to maintain blood pressure normal.
What is normal blood pressure?
Blood pressure can be stated as two values such as systolic pressure and diastolic pressure.
What are systole and diastole?
The heart pumps blood and during this process, it shrinks and expands. In a stage of heart beating ie when the heart shrinks and pumps blood into the arteries it is called systole and in the phase of the heart bones when the heart expands or relaxes and allows the chambers to fill with blood It is called diastole.
During the contraction phase, the maximum pressure at which the heart leaves the blood through the main artery is called systolic pressure. The minimum arterial pressure during the heart relaxes or expansion phase is called diastolic pressure.
- Systolic pressure is 120 mm Hg
- Diastolic pressure is 80 mm Hg
Therefore, normal blood pressure is 120/80 but it can vary from time to time and from person to person.
- How women lose weight fast tips guide
- Most Avoidable Cat food | What Can’t Cats Eat
- Best Dog Food Advisor Guide 2019-2020
- How to remove pimples or acne marks fast overnight?
- What are the causes of pimples or acne and fast treatments naturally
- Brown Rice Calories, Effecting Health & Nutrition Benefits
- 5 Most Amazing Beauty Benefits of Rose Petals
- 14 Quick Healthy Breakfast Ideas, Tips & nutrition facts
- What are calcium, benefits, side effects and sources
- Hair Fall or Loss Causes & Treatment With Home Remedies
- How To Lose Weight Fast Tips and Food
- Get Rid of Puffy Eyes and Dark Circles
- Simple 5 StepSnacks to Stop Sugar Cravings
What is high blood pressure?
High blood pressure is known as hypertension. It is caused by a narrowing of the arteries or arteries. Which increases the resistance to blood flow. This can cause arteries to rupture and internal bleeding. It also promotes various health problems.
How is blood pressure measured?
Blood pressure is measured by a sphygmomanometer device. The following steps to measure blood pressure or blood pressure are as follows:
First of all, the person whose blood pressure has to be measured wraps the rubber band around the arm of the person. Then the air is pumped into the brachial artery at a pressure of 200 mm Hg and the rubber strap increases. You can see this pressure in the Yantra sphygmomanometer. At this time no sound was heard when the stethoscope was placed on the artery of the hand.
- Now, the rubber bandage pressure is reduced by deflating and the first taping sound is heard from the pressure of the bandage through a stethoscope placed on the artery is called systolic pressure.
- When the rubber strap pressure is further reduced by deflating and the tapping sound is heard disappearing from the pressure of the strap through a stethoscope placed on the artery it is called diastolic pressure.
In this way, blood pressure or blood pressure is measured. It can also be understood that when a high pressure of 200 mm Hg is given in the hand by the rubber band, the brachial artery closes and there is no blood flow in it. As a result, no taping sound will be heard in the stethoscope placed on the artery because the blood will not be flowing.
But when the rubber bandage pressure decreases and becomes equal to the systolic pressure, blood begins to flow slightly from the arteries and the first sound is heard on the stethoscope. In addition, when the rubber bandage reduces the pressure and becomes equal to the diastolic pressure, the artery opens completely, blood flows and the sound eventually disappears.
This article provides information about what blood pressure or blood pressure is, how to measure it and what is the effect on the human body due to high blood pressure.
Know how much your right blood pressure should be according to age?
Blood pressure problem is a problem related to our lifestyle. Statistics show that at present, more than 70 million people across the country are struggling with BP. Which includes both low blood pressure and high blood pressure. You might be surprised to know that more than 6 crore people in our country are not aware that they are in the grip of this disease.
If compared to urban and rural people, about 20% of urban people and 10% of rural people are surrounded by a high blood pressure problem. Estimates suggest that in the same way as the age of a person increases, the cases of high blood pressure have also increased. 50 per cent of people between the ages of 60 and 69 have a problem of blood pressure, while about 75 per cent of people aged 70 is troubled by high blood pressure.
To avoid this disease, we advise the youth that regular blood pressure should be checked after the age of 35 years. If blood pressure is increased or decreased in the report, get it treated immediately. Today we are telling you the right blood pressure according to age.
Prevention and treatment for Blood Pressure
- Consult your doctor with high blood pressure in severe cold. Depending on the season, doctors may prescribe your medicine dose anew.
- Keep your body covered with woollen clothes in winter.
- Check or get your blood pressure on if you feel uncomfortable
- High blood pressure is not a permanent treatment. Yes, it can be controlled by improving diet, implementing healthy lifestyle and medicines. Once it is known that the blood pressure is increased, then its doctor
- Regular checkups should be done. Take the medicine that the doctor suggests regularly.
- In the state of high blood pressure, it becomes necessary to pay attention to two things. Smoking addiction and increased cholesterol levels cause heart attacks. Therefore people with high blood pressure should quit smoking.
- Mental stress is also a major cause of high blood pressure problem. So don’t let the tension dominate you.
- If people with high blood pressure are restrained in eating, they can prevent heart attack, paralysis, kidney disease etc.
- Those who have high blood pressure should take 3.4 grams of salt daily in the food, that is, only by reducing half a teaspoon of salt (teaspoon) in the diet, high blood pressure can be brought to a normal level.
- Youth are also under arrest
- The truth is that high blood pressure cases are coming up not only among the youth but also among children and adolescents. Here, due to the excessive use of television, videogames, computers and smartphones, children’s interest in outdoor games has reduced considerably. In this situation, they eat a lot, but their calories are not burned. Due to this many children and adolescent girls are becoming obese.
Apart from the burden of studies on children, their parents have started keeping their expectations too high. This causes them to become stressed. In this case, their blood pressure may be abnormal than normal. Adolescents and young girls when they feel abnormal due to stress, they should execute according to the consultation of their doctor.
How much should BP be according to age?
|Blood Pressure According to Age|
|Age||Men (mmHg)||Women (mmHg)|
|60 and above||135-88||134-84|
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?